5th G2MC (Virtual) Conference
Genomic Medicine Implementation in Low-Resource Settings
May 6 - 8, 2020
The G2MC Virtual Conference has concluded. A huge thanks to our sponsors, organizing partners, planning committee, speakers, and attendees for making this a successful event! Conference materials are posted below.
About the Event
G2MC held its 5th Global Genomic Medicine Conference as an abbreviated virtual meeting due to the global impact of the coronavirus pandemic. Leaders in Genomic Medicine across the globe tuned in to define collaborative projects and strategies for using genomic advances to improve clinical care globally. Session topics included:
- Genomic Landscape in Latin America
- Genomics of Common Disorders
- Genomics of Rare Disorders
- Solutions to Roadblocks
Many speakers also took the opportunity to share how their organizations and countries are using genomic methods to address the COVID-19 response. Read More
Virtual Conference Materials
375 Participants tuned in
Representing 45 countries
- “Human genetics and genomics meetings going virtual: practical lessons learned from two international meetings in early 2020” published in Human Genomics. This article, co-authored by virtual conference organizing co-chair Gabriela Repetto, discusses lessons learned from moving two human genetics and genomics meetings quickly to an online format in early 2020 as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Dates and Time: The virtual conference will take place on May 7-8 with working group and flagship project group virtual breakout sessions on May 6. The format will be a two-day meeting with 4-5 hours each day over a staggered time-frame so we can ensure widespread participation across time zones. The sessions will also be recorded.
- Registration: All registrations were canceled for those who signed up to attend the conference in Santiago.
- Young Investigators Forum: The Young Investigators Forum will be postponed for the face-to-face conference as these interactions will be best done in-person. We thank all the Young Investigators who have submitted their work. The submission and judging of abstracts processes are now closed. We will be notifying Young Investigators of the results of the competition for their work to be presented at the future face-to-face conference. However, in the meantime, we are excited to move forward with new processes of engaging Young Investigators that will be developed in the coming months.
- Postponed In-person Component: Given the current uncertainties, we will hold off on making any decisions at this time for the future face-to-face meeting date. We do anticipate that the location will remain in Santiago, Chile, and local holidays and events will be taken into consideration when selecting a new date.
Please contact Angelina Soriano, Angelina.Soriano@sheraton.com, if you made and paid for your own hotel reservations at the Sheraton, she will assist with the cancellation process. If you have booked travel arrangements, please contact your airline or travel agency first to determine current refund or exchange policies as related to the COVID-19 impacts. Any additional questions regarding logistics, please email Daniela Villarroel at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will be able to assist.