G2MC is looking for partners and funders to support a global multi-site demonstration project to capture and use family health history data in support of genomic-based healthcare for every patient. The project will span from low to high resource countries and participants will come from a wide range of capabilities, from just getting started (no online tools or genetic counselors), to reaching the next level from what they have been doing for years.
G2MC FLAGSHIP PROJECTS
Family Health History (FHH)
Advancing global recognition and implementation of family health history data collection tools and risk assessment methods among practitioners and patients.
Family health history – a record of the diseases and health conditions in a family – is an effective and inexpensive method by which healthcare providers can assess an individual’s overall health and risk factors for disease. However, a major effort is needed for gathering, storing, and sharing family health history data in order to implement this practice into clinical care with the ultimate goal of improving global health.
By better understanding the needs in each individual country, the FHH project aims to promote the benefits of family health history for patient self-knowledge, family sharing, public screening, pre-screening for genetic testing in a clinical setting, and research.
- Identify methods for obtaining family health history data in a standardized format.
- Develop data storage solutions for easy wide-scale data input and sharing.
- Develop risk assessment algorithms.
- Combine clinical, genomic, and environmental data to create new knowledge for patient care.
Vision of the Future
With multiple stakeholders all collecting and storing FHH data separately, the most efficient model would be a shared family-centric record, with access controlled by each family member to support their own needs. View our model of the future which depicts how family health history may potentially be collected, stored, and accessed.
FHH by Disease
Learn how Family Health History (FHH) can play a critical role in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of specific diseases, and the current research being done in these areas.
Projects & Partnerships
Growth in the genealogy industry offers great potential for potential partnerships that could drive the effort to implement family health history into clinical care worldwide. G2MC invites genealogy companies, societies, and individual hobbyists to join us in our efforts to make family health history an integral part of family and patient clinical care across the globe.
Tools & Resources
Access family health history tools and resources being implemented or used by FHH subgroup members. To contact a specific member about a resource listed, please use the Contact Us form and indicate in the description field who you wish to get in touch with. Check back as we will continuously add to this section with new and emerging resources.
- f-tree: A questionnaire-based pedigree chart creation software tool.
FHH Member Contact: Tomoharu Tokutomi
- MeTree: A patient-facing web-based family and personal health history collection and clinical decision support software program.
FHH Member Contact: Lori Orlando
- MiGene Family History Application: A mobile app available for Android that assists physicians in gathering patient demographic data and medical histories.
FHH Member Contact: Shane Quinonez
- Moving Forward: A blog that identifies business/technology issues and solutions for making clinical genomics standard of care with calls to action.
The G2MC Family Health History subgroup welcomes those interested in joining the group or collaborating on projects. We are also continuously seeking out organizations interested in supporting our efforts or joining forces as we work towards our goals and vision. Monthly virtual meetings may be joined by anyone upon request. Use the contact form below for additional information.