Join Us and Get Involved!
Interested in becoming a G2MC member or getting involved with a G2MC Working Group or Flagship Project? Let us know using the form below.
G2MC maintains three working groups as well as an ad hoc conference planning working group.
Plan and produce all-member convenings, including in-person and virtual conferences.
Determine how genomic medicine implementation tools/resources are identified, screened, and shared in the G2MC Resource Center.
Determine who can be a member, how to become a member, what is required to maintain membership, and what benefits are included in membership. Grow the membership to include global representation from all countries, especially low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
Develop an approach and set the standard for what a G2MC Flagship Project is through the development of common templates, guidelines, an application and review process for relevance to G2MC, and a monitoring plan to ensure outcomes and distribution of results to the genomic medicine community.
G2MC currently has two flagship projects that are overseen by the Implementation Projects Working Group.
- Assist champion healthcare providers in determining local and country-wide family health history needs and capabilities.
- Identify various methods for obtaining family health history data which best fit local needs and capabilities.
- Adopt data standards for wide-scale data input and sharing.
- Investigate available risk assessment algorithms to determine best clinical application.
- Combine family health history with clinical, genomic, and environmental data to create new knowledge for patient care.
- Based on results from the funded six-site pilot project, develop and implement the project to include more LMIC sites from around the world.
- Evaluate clinical outcomes, provider and patient satisfaction, ethical, social and legal implications, and cost-effectiveness of the intervention.
- Train local clinicians in genomic medicine in the genetic evaluation, result interpretation, and pre and post-test counseling.
Involvement in the functional groups varies, however, members can typically expect to:
- Participate in a monthly conference call
- Assist with tasks such as (but not limited to) developing and reviewing resources to build the Resource Center, participating in flagship project proposals, writing and/or reviewing manuscripts, sharing expertise, discussing cases and projects, mentoring Early Career Investigators (ECIs), and more.
- Members may be encouraged/nominated to become future leaders for those groups if they show leadership, integrity, engagement, and excitement to be part of G2MC and its mission.
- Members may be asked to participate in site testing of materials or in flagship projects leading to publication, funding, collaborations and more.
- Represent G2MC at international conferences.
Join G2MC/Get Involved
Please use the form below to join our community and/or get involved in our functional groups.