G2MC Working Group
Analyzing global policy issues surrounding the implementation of genomic tools and knowledge into health care delivery.
Catalina Lopez-Correa (Canada)
Sue Hill (UK)
The Policy Working Group seeks to analyze policy issues in the implementation of genomic tools and knowledge into health care delivery.
- Implement policies for new and existing genomic technologies into clinal care.
- Develop an asset map for policies that exist or that are needed for genomic medicine implementation associated with the patient care pathway.
- Maintain a catalog of genomic medicine policies around the world.
- Analyze and develop the policy agenda to support G2MC Flagship Projects.
The Policy Working Group has a program of activities that currently incorporates the development of:
- A web-based resource that provides information on genomic medicine implementation initiatives and related policy issues as well as links to relevant resources and organizations.
- A roadmap for implementation of genomic medicine – outlining policy issues for consideration.
Genomics Policy Website
The Genomics Policy Website (link is external) provides information on policy approaches to facilitate the integration of genomics into healthcare. It includes a catalog of global genomic medicine implementation initiatives. It also provides links to relevant organizations, events, and media.
View the G2MC Publications webpage for a list of publications either written by G2MC members or relevant to the G2MC organization.
G2MC members are invited to join us throughout the weeks of January 19-29, 2021, and on February 2, 2021, for the G2MC Semi-Annual Virtual Working Group and Flagship Project Breakout sessions, designed to move G2MC projects and initiatives forward through the collaboration and input of G2MC members.