G2MC Working Group
Providing medical education on the implementation of genomic medicine in clinical practice.
Bruce Korf (USA)
Vajira Dissanayake (Sri Lanka)
Richard Haspel (USA)
The Education Working Group aims to assess and facilitate educational activities to prepare providers in the implementation of genomic medicine in clinical practice worldwide.
- Develop courses, case studies, assessment tools, and other educational resources.
- Collaborate with other educational groups and organizations to develop educational resources and expand outreach opportunities.
- Develop programs that support the G2MC Flagship Projects.
- Engage and involve young investigators, the workforce of tomorrow, along the way.
The Education Working Group is currently working on activities that include the following:
- Education Needs Assessment Survey: The Education Working Group has completed the data analysis of the G2MC Education Needs Assessment Survey, which was distributed to all G2MC members and to all participants of the May 2020 international virtual conference. Results from the data analysis were presented at the September Education Working Group monthly meeting. The working group is now planning to format the results as a paper for submission for publication.
- Genomic Medicine Immersion Course: The Education Working Group is in the process of planning a Genomic Medicine Immersion Course planned to take place during the 2021 G2MC International Conference in Santiago, Chile. The group is working with local host and planning committee co-chair, Gabriela Repetto to survey local clinicians in Santiago to assess the needs that will inform the content of the course.
View the G2MC Publications webpage for a list of publications either written by G2MC members or relevant to the G2MC organization.