Genomic & Precision Medicine Forum Series
Duke Center for Applied Genomics & Precision Medicine (CAPGM)
Taking place the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month from 12 - 1 p.m. EST on Zoom
"Adventures in Multiomics Diagnostic Signature Development"
Stuart Sealfon, MD
Glickenhaus Family Professor of Neurology
Director Center for Advanced Research on Diagnostic Assays (CARDA)
Chairman Emeritus Department of Neurology
Mount Sinai Health System
Professor of Neurobiology and Pharmacological Science
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Thursday, Jan. 27, 2022
12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
Stuart Sealfon, MD, is the Glickenhaus Professor of Neurology, Professor of Neurobiology, and Pharmacological Sciences, Director of the Center for Advanced Research on Diagnostic Assays and Chairman Emeritus of Neurology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. His group applies systems biology approaches, including mathematical modeling, bioinformatics and high throughput experimentation, to the study of cellular responses to infection, hormone exposure and physical activity. His work has led to the identification of brain and pituitary drug targets and contributed to the discovery of two FDA approved drugs. He presently leads a gonadotrope research program (continuously funded by NIH for 30 years), an NIH Physical Activity common fund Genomics, Epigenomics and Transcriptomics site (MoTrPAC) an epigenetics signature-based diagnostic program (DARPA ECHO program), and he contributes to an NIH-funded program on Ebola pathogenesis, the US Navy COVID-19 study of Marine recruits (CHARM) and a DARPA-funded machine learning prediction of human performance study.
Save the date for the following talks!
- Thurs., Feb. 10: Liz Cirulli, PhD (Helix)
- Thurs., Feb. 24: William Kraus, MD (Duke)
- Thurs., March 10: Rahul Deo, MD, PhD (Harvard University)
- Thurs., March 24: Deepak Voora, MD (Duke)
- Thurs., April 14: Jeannette McCarthy, MPH, PhD (Fabrics Genomics)
- Thurs., April 28: Samira Musah, PhD (Duke)
- Thurs., May 12: Nathan Hawkey, MD & Katherine Collins, PhD (1st year T32 Fellows)
- Thurs., May 26: Nathan Bihlmeyer, PhD & Sarah Heston, MD (2nd year T32 Fellows)