G2MC Young Investigators Forum
6th G2MC International Conference
Abstract Submission Criteria and Instructions
All abstracts accepted for oral or poster presentations will be available for open access on the G2MC’s website unless otherwise requested by the authors.
Submitted abstracts should contain recent scientific and technological developments pertaining to genomic medicine implementation in limited-resource settings. Potential Young Investigator (YI) participants (those that are young and/or new to the field of genomic medicine) (graduate students, postdocs, and junior faculty within 2 years of their postdoc, residency, or fellowship, or investigators new to genomic medicine within past two years) are strongly encouraged to present results of their own original work. Abstracts are accepted in the English language only. All abstracts should be prepared according to the abstract template. Abstracts can only be submitted through the link to the Online Submission Module provided at the top of this page, and submitters should also register to attend the meeting through the registration link on the conference event page once available.
Up to ten abstracts will be selected by our YIF Abstract Review Committee for the platform presentations and up to 20 chosen to participate in the Flash Talk session. All qualified abstracts will be chosen for poster presentations.
The YIF Abstract Review Committee will also make available brief biographies through Google Docs to the other attending Young Investigators. We will ask you to become familiar with your colleagues to identify those with similar interests.
Please note the following:
- Submissions will be accepted starting 01 April 2021 on the G2MC Website
- ORAL ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE 30 April 2021
- Abstracts submitted after this deadline but prior to 31 May 2021 will be considered for poster presentation
- Successfully submitted abstracts will be acknowledged by email including an abstract reference number, which should be quoted in all correspondence
- Each abstract will be reviewed by the YIF Abstract Review Committee for acceptance as a Platform Presentation or Flash Talk. All qualified abstracts will be chosen for a Virtual Poster Presentation
- The YI of the accepted abstract must be registered as a delegate within the Conference registration period.
- The poster presentation is only for registered YIs
- The presentation and questions will be limited to 10 minutes
- A standard poster template will be provided for the E-format
- YI brief biographies should be no more than 300 words
- Relevance to the field of genomic medicine
- Relevance to a low and middle income (LMIC) problem that could be addressed with this implementation
- Realistic and achievable in a timely manner
About the 6th G2MC International Conference
The 6th Annual G2MC International Conference will be held as a virtual meeting on September 29 – October 1, 2021. This engaging and interactive conference will build upon previous conferences and ongoing G2MC projects and initiatives. All G2MC members, partners, collaborators, and anyone in the field of genomic medicine or interested in getting involved with G2MC are encouraged to attend. Visit the conference event page for more information and to stay up-to-date on the latest details.