G2MC Young Investigators Forum
6th G2MC International Conference
Abstract and Project Proposal Submission Criteria
All abstracts or project proposals accepted for oral or poster presentations will be available for open access on the G2MC’s website unless otherwise requested by the authors.
The G2MC Young Investigator Competition submission criteria has been expanded to include both abstracts and project proposals in need of mentorship and/or funding to be implemented. Submitted abstracts should contain recent scientific and technological developments pertaining to genomic medicine implementation in limited-resource settings. Likewise, submitted proposals should be for a genomic medicine implementation project relative to the YI’s situation or area. Potential Young Investigator (YI) participants (graduate students, postdocs, and junior faculty within five years of their postdoc, residency, or fellowship, or investigators new to genomic medicine within the past five years) are strongly encouraged to present results of their own original work or projects they wish to complete. Submissions are accepted in English only. All submissions should be prepared according to the appropriate template (Abstract or Proposal). Abstracts or proposals can only be submitted through the link to the Online Submission Module provided at the top of this page, and submitters should also register to attend the meeting through the registration link on the conference event page once available.
Up to 20 submissions will be selected by our YIF Review Committee for the platform presentations. All qualified submissions will be chosen for poster presentations. All Young Investigators chosen as presenters will also receive free registration for the conference.
The YIF Review Committee will also ensure brief biographies will be made available through Google Docs to the other attending Young Investigators. We will ask you to become familiar with your colleagues to identify those with similar interests.
Please note the following:
- Successful submissions will be acknowledged by email including an abstract reference number, which should be quoted in all correspondence
- Each abstract will be reviewed by the YIF Review Committee for acceptance as a Platform Presentation. All qualified abstracts will be chosen for a Virtual Poster Presentation
- The YI of the accepted abstract must be registered as a delegate within the Conference registration period.
- The poster presentation is only for registered YIs
- The presentation and questions will be limited to 5 minutes
- A standard poster template and presentation templates will be provided for the E-format
- YI brief biographies should be no more than 300 words
- Potential areas of focus include (but are not limited to): Cancer, Pharmacogenomics, Family Health History, Rare Diseases, etc.
- Project proposals should be planned to be accomplished within a 12 month period.
- Budgets should be in the range of $25,000 – $50,000 USD for consideration of sponsors to fund the project.
- Relevance to the field of genomic medicine
- Relevance to a low and middle income (LMIC) problem that could be addressed with this implementation
- Realistic and achievable in a timely manner
- 20 August, 2021: Submission deadline
- 10 September, 2021: Project Review, Selection, and Notification
- 24 September, 2021: Presentation submitted to G2MC Secretariat for 6th International Conference
About the 6th G2MC International Conference
The 6th Annual G2MC International Conference will be held as a virtual meeting on September 29 – October 1, 2021. This engaging and interactive conference will build upon previous conferences and ongoing G2MC projects and initiatives. All G2MC members, partners, collaborators, and anyone in the field of genomic medicine or interested in getting involved with G2MC are encouraged to attend. Visit the conference event page for more information and to stay up-to-date on the latest details.